February 2019-Family Newsletter (see brightwheel, our #1 platform of communication for the latest news!)
You are cordially invited to take part with us in this worldwide expedition of culture, celebration, cuisine, and fashion. During this month, children will learn all about the different cuisine styles and festivities around the world. It will be interesting to see some mini international chefs in action.
As you noticed, several announcements have been made about calling in to access the school. We are still waiting for the installation of the remaining electrical features (access code pad), however in the meantime feel free to use the new doorbell [thanks to Tim, Kalea’s dad, Casa Sol]. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
We encourage all families coming into the center out of regular “drop off/pick up” hours, to communicate with us via Brightwheel message as all school door will remain locked during school hours. You may call the school by dialing (510) 336-7082 to reach AMA staff.
Thank you for your partnership,
Directora Cynthia y maestras
February Curriculum Theme
Theme: Fashion from around the world (in preparation for fashion show & Gala)
Letters: F de Familia, Flor,
Color: Fucsia/ Fuscia
Shape: Corazón/ Heart
Family value: Amor/ Love
AMA POLICY REMINDERS
- All parents should place their child’s personal belongings inside their “assigned” classroom cubby NOT elsewhere to limit lost or damaged items. Bedding should be placed on top of cubby/classroom furniture every first day of the week.
- In assisting with successful self-help skills development, children should have no laces on shoes and no belts/zipper/overall/skinny bottoms for easy toilet-use/training.
- Bring extra clothes for accidents daily (hamper bag from home is recommended)
- If a child’s childcare schedule is longer than 9 hours, families are welcome to provide supplemental snacks.
- Packing a bottle of purified water daily for each child is highly recommended.
SAVE THE DATE
- Feb 4-8: School Spirit Week
- Feb 15: Parent’s Night Out (6PM-9PM)!
- Feb 18: President’s Day/AMA CLOSED
- Feb 20: Monthly Parent Meeting (potluck), 5:30PM-6:30PM (Tentative)
Welcome to AMA new families: Zayd (Casa Lila)
AMA SPIRIT WEEK: February 4th -8th, 2019
- MONDAY SPORTS TEAM DAY
- TUESDAY PAJAMA DAY
- WEDNESDAY TWIN DAY/ DYNAMIC DUO DAY
- THURSDAY ANIMAL DAY
- FRIDAY NEON DAY
Online Payment through Brightwheel
Brightwheel, AMA’s new and first foremost new platform of communication has been a success. Thank you for your support and feedback. Parents can now provide an automatic tuition payment (bank transfer) starting this month by registering on the app. This is the payment method to make a tuition payment before/on the 25th of each month.
AMA Resources for Families
What songs can I sing with my child?
What books can I read to my child ?
- Si le das una galleta a un ratón
- Donde viven los monstruos
- Willy el tímido
- La gallina Cocorina
- Oso pardo
- Donde está la oveja verde?
- La oruga muy hambrienta.
What electronic applications can I teach my child?
- Stories by Gus on the go (iTunes)
- Duolingo (iTunes and Google play)
- Endless Spanish App (iTunes)
- Spanish School Bus for Kids (iTunes)
Spanish games online
What other educational resources are there to teach my child Spanish?
What elementary schools should I consider for my Spanish language learner?
Dual Language Programs / Community United Elementary School / Esperanza Elementary School / Global Family / Greenleaf / Manzanita Seed / International Community School / Melrose Leadership Academy.
What traditional public elementary schools should I consider for my child?
- Joaquin Miller Elementary School
- Montclair Elementary School
- Elementary School
- Hillcrest Elementary School
- Thornhill Elementary School
- Sequoia Elementary School
- Crocker Highlands Elementary School
- Piedmont Avenue Elementary School.
What private elementary schools should I consider?
- Escuela Bilingüe Internacional (EBI) / Aurora School / Northern Light School
- What Charter (public) elementary schools should I consider for my child
- Lighthouse Community Charter School / Achieve Academy / Education for Change / Aspire Berkley Maynard Academy / Aspire College Academy / Aspire Eres Academy
What school-age programs should I consider that may teach Spanish outside the school?
- Tucker the turtle technique
Thank you for your continued partnership and support. We look forward to having another memorable school year filled with fun learning and community building.
~AMA Director and Maestras
For Parents: On filling out PDF’s Electronically
Download Adobe Acrobat here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Within Acrobat, open a PDF file or click on the Create PDF tool in the right pane to convert your document to PDF.
- Click on the Fill & Sign tool in the right pane.
- Click on a text field, then type on the form. Your data will be saved so you can use it again in the future if desired.
- Click Sign in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Draw or type your signature, or use an image.
- Click Apply and place the signature on your form.
- Click Share in the upper right corner to send your form to others.
- Enter one or more email addresses, then click Send to deliver your form and get notified when recipients view it.