You are cordially invited to take part with us in this worldwide expedition of culture, celebration, cuisine, and fashion. During this month, children will learn all about the different cuisine styles and festivities around the world. It will be interesting to see some mini-international chefs in action.
As you noticed, several announcements have been made about calling in to access the school. We are still waiting for the installation of the remaining electrical features (access code pad), however in the meantime feel free to use the new doorbell [thanks to Tim, Kalea’s dad, Casa Sol]. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
We encourage all families coming into the center out of regular “drop off/pick up” hours, to communicate with us via Bright wheel (BW, #1 platform of communication) message as all school doors will remain locked during school hours. You may call the school by dialing (510) 697-0002 to reach AMA staff, in the event of an urgent matter.
Thank you for your partnership.
~su Directora y maestras
February Curriculum Theme
Theme: Fashion from around the world (in preparation for fashion show & Gala)
Letters: F de Familia, Flor,
Color: Fucsia/ Fuscia
Shape: Corazón/ Heart
Family value: Amor/ Love
AMA POLICY REMINDERS
- All parents should place their child’s personal belongings inside their “assigned” classroom cubby NOT elsewhere to limit lost or damaged items. Bedding should be placed on top of cubby/classroom furniture every first day of the week.
- In assisting with successful self-help skills development, children should have no laces on shoes and no belts/zipper/overall/skinny bottoms for easy toilet-use/training.
- Bring extra clothes for accidents daily (hamper bag from home is recommended)
- If a child’s childcare schedule is longer than 9 hours, families are welcome to provide supplemental snacks.
- Packing a bottle of purified water daily for each child is highly recommended.
SAVE THE DATE
- Feb 4-8: School Spirit Week
- Feb 15: Parent’s Night Out (6PM-9PM)!
- Feb 18: President’s Day/AMA CLOSED
- Feb 20: Monthly Parent Meeting (potluck), 5:30PM-6:30PM (Tentative)
Welcome to AMA new families: Zaid (Casa Lila)
AMA SPIRIT WEEK: February 4th -8th, 2019
- MONDAY SPORTS TEAM DAY
- TUESDAY PAJAMA DAY
- WEDNESDAY TWIN DAY/ DYNAMIC DUO DAY
- THURSDAY ANIMAL DAY
- FRIDAY NEON DAY